CExP, CFWA, ACFBA
Kathleen is a Principal in the Consulting Services Team, and the Family Business Advisory Services Team Leader at MCM CPAs & Advisors.
She has extensive experience helping and advising firms with their growth, development, and passing enterprises to the next generation. Her areas of focus include business strategy, family and business governance, communication and cohesion training, family and business policy development, succession planning, leadership development, next generation career coaching, family education and communication, and exit planning that allows owners to exit their businesses on their terms and conditions. Before working at MCM, she was the Director of the Family Business Center at the University of Louisville and Director of the Small Business Development Center for North Central Kentucky. She also created the Vogt Invention and Innovation Fund for the Vogt family in Louisville, which provides seed-stage support and capital for inventors and product developers as well as co-launching the award-winning radio series “This I Believe” on NPR. Kathleen is a frequent presenter at family business and trade conferences, educational programs and meetings covering topics such as family governance, change management, succession planning, exit planning, leadership development, mediation and family communication.
Ask me about:
- How you professionalize your family or team dynamic so you can make better decisions together
- How to assess whether or not your successor candidate is the right choice
- How an advisory board can help you focus on the strategic direction of the business, and how to set one up
- How to create a comprehensive exit strategy and determine which of the five exit pathways is right for you
- How to plan for the transfer of managerial, ownership and family leadership to the next generation